Sunday, March 22, 2009

J.O.Y. in Life

This is the day that the Lord hath made! I will rejoice and be glad it in!

I am happy that you stopped by to visit.

My relationship with God through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is very important to me. Through Christ I have become a daughter of the King, and I seek to please Him in my life.

Thought For The Day~Jesus Others and You equals JOY!

There is a children's song that says just these words:
Jesus and others and you!
What a wonderful way to spell JOY!
Jesus and others and you~
In the life of each girl and each boy!
J is for Jesus for He has first place.
O is for others we meet face to face.
Y is for you and whatever you do~
put Jesus first, put yourself last~
and spell Joy!

Jesus commanded us to love our neighbor as ourselves. Loving my neighbor might put me out sometimes or burden me in some way. If I am to please Him and have His joy in my life, thinking of others is essential.

If I am lonely~reach out to someone forgotten.
If I am hungry~fix a meal and share it~it will taste better!
If I am tired~rest in the Lord and He will strengthen and refresh!
If I am depressed~get up and find something to help someone to focus on another will help me!
If I am broken~helping to bind up another person's brokeness heals me.

To help myself I help others. Giving equals the greatest receiving~living equals dying. Jesus said, Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. Before this, Jesus said, Remember Lot's wife. This is the woman who in running for her life with her family when her city was being destroyed by God's judgment LOOKED back in grief and horror longing for her life of the past! She was focused on herself and the judgment was that she turned IMMEDIATELY into a pillar of salt! It is well in our souls when we are forward looking: focusing on God and others, not ourselves!

What an oxymoron~dying to live/living to die~TO SELF!

Remember that giving to others will bring JOY and please God.

In Him,
Lady Graceful
Phil. 1:6

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind comments! Glad to find you via the Ultimate Blog Party! I look forward to reading your posts to come. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments on my blog!!! I am working on an entry about Lot's wife myself, so come back soon to read:) I will be back to yours too!

    ReplyDelete