Friday, April 24, 2009

Just Have to Praise Him!

This might seem very trivial to some. I have some difficulty sharing this really. Sometimes our blessings are found in some stuff that in reality shouldn't matter much~but it does...

Well...it does...no matter how hard I try to tell myself it doesn't matter!

I want to praise God for the new counter top my husband installed in our home today! It's not granite, corian or marble or even tile...it's just plain ole laminate! But it's such a blessing to have it!

Over the past several months, supplies and items have been collected, a faucet, a hose, a tube of caulk, this and that...until today and after about four more trips to the hardware IT WAS FINISHED!!

As these things found their way IN MY WAY into my life, WHEN became the question I did not ask...nagging never helps ;-)

But little by little, item by item, as the supplies were gathered and the builder became prepared for the job...beauty emerged from the ashes!

YOU DON'T KNOW nor can you imagine just HOW ugly my kitchen was!!
But it's just like our Heavenly Father to work quietly in much the same way gathering and preparing for a day when beauty will emerge~how long O Lord will you wait? We long for You God to do in us what we cannot do for ourselves!

Yes! It's just a simple countertop...but to it's owner it's a thing so grand...
We are just humanity, but to our Owner/Designer, we are grand as well...
I was thinking up an acronym for G.O.D.
G Gracious
O Omnipotent
D Designer

That's HIM~I praise Him for my countertop and what He is doing with ME...hey...wonder what He's gathering in my life for the finished effect?

In Him with Praise!
Lady Graceful
Phil 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment